Moving Forward in 2018!
Michael T. Scott Ministries, Inc. - Reaching the World for Christ!
RSS

spiritual renewal
Star Trek
powered by

My Blog

Moving Forward in 2018!

"Moving Forward!"
Day Two: Psalm 118:25 "Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity."

Well, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year holiday festivities are behind us and for many its time to get back into the "rhythm" of our everyday lives. This can sometimes cause some to have the "post holiday blues" and end up in the "dumps" when we should be "moving forward". Most Bible scholars believe that the 118th Psalm was written by David immediately after he "actually" became King of Judah. Remember, David was anointed for "kingship" early on as a young man, but he had to endure a series of tests, trials, and afflictions before he could step into his destined role. After officially assuming his duties as King, David prays to Lord for two things that would enable him to move forward.

First, David asked the Lord to "save now". In essence, what David was requesting was for the Lord to give him victory and deliverance in his new endeavors as King. As we begin this new season, we must not forget that with every "new level" there are "new devils." We know not what challenges, obstacles, hurdles, or valleys which lie ahead of us in 2018, but we can pray to God in advance to grant us victory even before we encounter the inevitable.

Secondly, David asked the Lord to "send now prosperity".  The Hebrew word for prosperity in this instance is "tsalach" which means "to advance, to make progress, or to break out in success." What David was really asking in layman's terms is "Lord, I need you to push me forward in this new season!"  What does that mean for us? It's time to get down to business, Kingdom business! It's time to move forward with God's agenda for our lives, starting today! Our God was gracious enough to carry us into 2018, now let's trust Him to empower us to do something with it!
Devotional Prayer
Father, we thank you for graciously bringing us from our "next" into our "now" season. Grant unto us now, victory, deliverance, and success in every future effort, endeavor, and assignment in Jesus' name! We praise You in advance for appointing us as ambassadors to move Your Kingdom forward starting now! We declare that we are moving forward spiritually, mentally, physically, financially, and holistically in Jesus' name, Amen!

12 Comments to Moving Forward in 2018!:

Comments RSS
best assignment writingservice on Friday, March 30, 2018 5:34 AM
Great challenges obstacles for afflictions for the great advance step into moving forward objectives as well. Graciously bringing us from the next task for every future appointing us and more series of tests.
Reply to comment

write my essay for me on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:58 AM
I always look for the days going ahead that’s why instead of worrying that much, I consider tomorrow and keep moving forward. Everything happens for a reason and you can’t control everything. If it meant to happen then it will no matter how hard you like to avoid it. Everyone can experience downfall and the best thing to do about it is to moving on and keep going. You can never move forward if you will keep bringing the past.

mrhami on Monday, May 14, 2018 11:34 PM
for afflictions for the great advance step into
Reply to comment

online loans on Monday, January 07, 2019 7:32 AM
Sure, you could sit down right now and just conjure a monthly budget out of thin air. But it probably won’t bear any relation to how you actually spend money.
Reply to comment

asdas on Monday, January 14, 2019 5:23 AM
as
Reply to comment

810-440 Questions Answers on Monday, January 14, 2019 6:00 AM
Crack4sure.com provides authentic IT Certification exams preparation material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt. Download instant free demo & begin preparation.
Reply to comment

write my college paper on Friday, January 18, 2019 4:16 AM
Every year God brings good things in our life. He never refused to give us hope for the coming year. The new year represents new beginnings and this is so meaningful to every one of us. The Life of David is so inspiring because he was able to manage his faith in God despite of different obstacles and challenges of life. His story made me realize how important new beginning is, we must maximize the fact that God is giving us hope always.
Reply to comment

Tom Haughton Barbados on Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:12 AM
For example, there is a centre running under the name of The Winnipeg humane society of Tom Haughton Barbados runs an organization which includes animals such as cats, dogs and many more, they adopt animals who are left on the streets.
Reply to comment

sa on Friday, May 03, 2019 2:57 AM
nice
Reply to comment

resumeprofessionalwriters reviews on Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:50 PM
"I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?" from Psalm 56:4. I do believe that as we move forward to the next chapters of our life, we learn something new. As a teenager, I must say that every year I always do my best for me not to fail, Especially in school. I always seek for the guidance of our Lord. I know for myself is I won't believe in him, I will never be a successful one someday. I always thank him for everything that he do and give to me. We as a human, we should be thankful and appreciate all the blessings and hardship that our Lord give to us.
Reply to comment

net worth on Friday, July 26, 2019 12:01 AM
This article is very interesting and cool. I really impressed with your written style. I appreciate your attractive post. Thank you for sharing this and keep it up.
Reply to comment

C_HYBIL_2017 exam dumps on Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:09 AM
This can sometimes cause some to have the "post holiday blues" and end up in the "dumps" when we should be "moving forward". Most Bible scholars believe that the 118th Psalm was written by David immediately after he "actually" became King of Judah.
Reply to comment